STMicroelectronics Teams with DSP Concepts to Give STM32 Users Free Access to Advanced Audio Design Tool
Small electronic products like wearables and IoT devices can now provide high-end audio features, including advanced aural user interfaces, thanks to a new easy-to-use graphical design tool for STM32™ microcontrollers from STMicroelectronics, (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications. STMicroelectronics Teams with DSP Concepts to Give STM32 Users Free Access to Advanced Audio Design Tool.
ST has worked with DSP Concepts, creator of the Audio Weaver design suite, to present a free version of the tool – ST-AudioWeaver – for developers using its 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M based STM32 microcontrollers. Audio Weaver enables product designers to build complex digital audio applications without coding. Developers simply choose the required audio modules from a library, connect them graphically, and adjust them by live-tuning on the target hardware. Examples are included, which accelerate learning and help jump-start new projects.
ST-AudioWeaver contains a library of 160 royalty-free digital audio-processing modules, including versatile and powerful filtering, array-processing and noise-cancelling modules that can make voice-recognition systems far more effective. The Audio Weaver Designer PC GUI is also included free of charge, which lets developers configure the modules and do fine-tuning in the GUI or on prototype hardware. This creates a customized audio-processing engine that runs directly on the production embedded system with no further tailoring required. Users are also free to take advantage of DSP Concepts’ commercial offers to scale and upgrade ST-Audio Weaver, for example by adding further audio modules or MATLAB® API support. No DSP coding skills are required. When using the runtime core libraries, the output is optimized embedded code, ready for production, which significantly reduces development time and costs.
Plentiful audio features add to the STM32 credentials as the reference microcontroller family for IoT applications, and include peripherals such as I2S and S/PDIF digital audio interfaces, and a DFSDM input that streamlines acquisition of MEMS-microphone signals and is ideal for voice-command applications. The DSP core extensions of the STM32F4, STM32L4, and STM32F7, which are the series currently supported in ST-AudioWeaver, enable a single-chip solution capable of high-performance audio processing, which would otherwise require a separate DSP co-processor.
ST presents this special offer for free to the STM32 customers and adds the support of a number of ST audio modules such as virtualization and bass enhancement.
- 7 Jun Li-Ion battery chargers with LDO, load switches and (optional) smart reset generator
- 31 May 60 V intelligent power switch ready today for tomorrow’s factory automation
- 17 May STMicroelectronics Delivers New STM32L4 MCUs with On-Chip Digital Filter, Supported by Extended Development Ecosystem
- 13 May Motion MEMS and environmental sensor expansion board for STM32 Nucleo
- 5 May Affordable STM32 Cloud-Connectable Kit from STMicroelectronics Puts More Features On-Board for Fast and Flexible IoT-Device Development
- 29 Apr Very high accuracy Op-Amps TSZ182
- 20 Apr Build a presence detector that won’t drain the battery
- 15 Apr STMicroelectronics Teams with DSP Concepts to Give STM32 Users Free Access to Advanced Audio Design Tool
- 30 Mar STMicroelectronics has made starting new designs with its popular 8-bit STM8 microcontrollers easier and faster by introducing the STM8CubeMX graphical configurator
- 24 Mar STMicroelectronics Launches Tiny 2.6A Brushed DC Motor Driver for Portable, Battery-Powered IoT Devices