STMicroelectronics has extended its SLLIMM™ nano series of Intelligent Power Modules (IPMs)
STMicroelectronics has extended its SLLIMM™ nano series of Intelligent Power Modules (IPMs) for motor drives with more package options that help minimize overall size and complexity, extra integrated features, and greater efficiency leveraging the latest-generation 500V MOSFETs.
With a current rating of 1A or 2A, the new IPMs target applications up to 100 Watts, such as refrigerator compressors, washing-machine or dishwasher motors, draining and recirculation pumps, fans, and other drives running at less than 20kHz in hard-switching circuitries. Operation up to 150°C allows use in harsh environments.
The modules integrate a three-phase MOSFET bridge and gate-driver HVICs, with value-added features including an unassigned op-amp and comparator for functions such as over-current protection and current sensing. Additional built-in safety features include interlocking to prevent shoot-through currents from damaging MOSFETs of the bridge, a fault-status output, shutdown input, and smart-shutdown capability. An optional built-in thermistor helps simplify over-temperature protection.
In addition to the zig-zag lead option, the new series is also available in a line-lead package. These give designers extra flexibility to simplify the board layout and minimize controller size in mechatronic assemblies and other space-constrained applications.
The high thermal performance of the packages, combined with the superior efficiency of ST’s latest 500V MOSFETs, enhances designers’ freedom to minimize heatsink size or create heatsink-free solutions for lower-power applications. The low MOSFET on-resistance of 3.6Ω and 1.7Ω, in 2A and 1A variants, respectively, combines with low switching losses to ensure high overall energy efficiency. The MOSFETs have separate open-emitter connections to module pins, which simplifies use of three-shunt current sensing for field-oriented motor control (FOC) or single-shunt sensing for trapezoidal control. The modules also integrate the bootstrap diodes needed to control the high-side MOSFET gates, further minimizing demand for external components.
The STIPN1M50T-H, STIPN1M50-H, STIPN2M50T-H (L), and STIPN2M50-H are in production now.
- 7 Jun Li-Ion battery chargers with LDO, load switches and (optional) smart reset generator
- 31 May 60 V intelligent power switch ready today for tomorrow’s factory automation
- 17 May STMicroelectronics Delivers New STM32L4 MCUs with On-Chip Digital Filter, Supported by Extended Development Ecosystem
- 13 May Motion MEMS and environmental sensor expansion board for STM32 Nucleo
- 5 May Affordable STM32 Cloud-Connectable Kit from STMicroelectronics Puts More Features On-Board for Fast and Flexible IoT-Device Development
- 29 Apr Very high accuracy Op-Amps TSZ182
- 20 Apr Build a presence detector that won’t drain the battery
- 15 Apr STMicroelectronics Teams with DSP Concepts to Give STM32 Users Free Access to Advanced Audio Design Tool
- 30 Mar STMicroelectronics has made starting new designs with its popular 8-bit STM8 microcontrollers easier and faster by introducing the STM8CubeMX graphical configurator
- 24 Mar STMicroelectronics Launches Tiny 2.6A Brushed DC Motor Driver for Portable, Battery-Powered IoT Devices